Terms of service (TOS)
WebProject reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers and/or services to anyone.
WebProject does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers:
- Adult material - includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content.
- Excessive download content or non-linked content.
- Refusal of service based on content matching either of these two criteria is entirely at the discretion of WebProject.
WebProject reserves the right to move your data to a different server with no previous notice.
WebProject have not officially accepted your application & order until you receive a full confirmation email detailing your account settings. Before this time WebProject reserve the right to cancel, reject or abort any order or application made by the customer. In any such case, if funds have already been taken, a full refund will be made.
Because all products & services sold by WebProject are tailored specifically around the domain name registered or transferred both them & the domain are classed as customisable items. Therefore the customer agrees that the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 (Distance Selling) do not apply to our services and therefore the right to cancel registration or an order is not available.
Domain names are subject to availability.
We do not warrant or guarantee that the domain name applied for will be registered or is capable of being registered by you. Accordingly, you should take no action in respect of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified by us that your requested domain name has been fully registered.
The registration of the domain name and its ongoing use is a subject to the relevant naming authority's terms and conditions of use and you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of those terms and conditions and can and do comply with them. You irrevocably waive any claims you may have against us in respect of the decision of a naming authority to refuse to register a domain name and, without limitation agree that the administration charge paid by you to us shall be non-refundable in any event. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We accept no responsibility in respect of the use of a domain name by you and any dispute between you and any other individual or organisation regarding to a domain name must be resolved between the parties concerned and we will take no part in any such dispute. We reserve the right, on our becoming aware of such a dispute, at our sole discretion and without giving any reason, to either suspend or cancel the domain name, and/or to make appropriate representations to the relevant naming authority. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Once you enter a contract with WebProject to purchase a Domain, we will charge you, immediately. You must not under any circumstances order the same domain from another registrar before or after entering into a contract with WebProject, as this will cause us unwarranted administration problems & costs, and we will not be able to issue a refund under any circumstances, whether we manage to obtain the domain first or whether the other registrar obtains it for you.
We will not be held liable for any losses (directly or indirectly) caused by non re-registration of domains for whatever reason. The re-registration of domains are is solely the client's responsibility. However, we will attempt to contact the owner of the domain in advance in order to give the option to renew the registration of the domain through WebProject.
Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
All .co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk registrants must agree to Nominet UK's terms and conditions located at http://www.nominet.org.uk/terms-use
WebProject reserves the right to change its prices at any time.
Shared Hosting Support
We will endeavour to provide a continuous high quality service. If you experience problems with your service, you should consult our support website. Should you fail to find a resolution to your problem in our Knowledge Base you will find our support contact details on our support website: www.web-project.co.uk/clientarea
Please note we may require suspension of some of our services for short scheduled periods to carry out maintenance or repair to our services. Information concerning scheduled downtime is available on the WebProject support website, as are details of any interruptions to our services.
Unmanaged VPS Hosting Support
While we provide an unmanaged service we are happy to help with issues outwith the normal un-managed model.
Customer agrees to take full responsibility over the operation, maintenance and backups of their VPS account. Software support is not included with any of the unmanaged VPS hosting plans. WebProject accepts no responsibility or liability for any data loss.
Managed VPS Hosting Support
WebProject provides managed support for all system aspects listed below:
Physical hardware management, monitoring and replacement;
Free installation of the cPanel control panel is done during VPS provisioning;
Free control panel and OS optimization is done during provisioning. General optimization is suitable in 99% of use cases;
Free initial security hardening;
Free initial accounts migration from remote system with the same control panel;
Management of all aspects of the operating system, assistance and troubleshooting of any problems related to operating system and standard control panel components;
Best-effort support for 3rd party applications.
for more details about the managed service, please visit the URL:
High Resource User Policy
Resources are defined as bandwidth, processor utilization or disk space.
WebProject may implement the following policy to its sole discretion:
When the resources utilised by a customer in using a service are abnormally high, WebProject reserves the right to suspend that service immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our services. Customers may be offered an option whereby WebProject continues supplying the service under a reduced usage criteria specified by WebProject. Failure to comply with such measures may result in your service being terminated.
The following scripts are banned from use on our servers and may not be uploaded or run. Reasons for banning them include adverse effects on server load, invitations to hackers/spammers/criminal activity, etc.
Specific VPS Limitations (not allowed)
- IRC egg drops
- Proxy servers
- Mail bombers
- Anonymous mailers
- IP spoofers
- Port scanners
- Telnet or SSH Access Scripts
- nph-proxy (and other scripts that operate like a proxy)
- FormMail.cgi, FormMail.pl from Matt's Script Archive are not allowed.
Abuse of WebProject Staff or Support Personnel
- IRC websites/servers
- Piracy, hacking, cracking, phreaking, warez, exploitive software or text that educates or encourages this activity and/or use
- Torrents, Torrent Servers, or Illegal Content
- Mail bombing, email address harvesting, and/or unsolicited email
- Anonymizers/proxies without password protection and sufficient logging
- Commercial VPN Services (Personal VPN uses are allowed but without network and systems abuse)
- Threatening, harassing, or obscene content
- Network and systems abuse scripts
- Any material that violates or infringes on the copyright, intellectual property rights or trademark rights of any individual or organization
At WebProject, we take pride in providing excellent service to all of our customers. It is our policy always to treat our customers with the highest level of respect and courtesy. In return, we expect the same respect and courtesy from you.
If our staff feels that you are consistently engaging in abusive content toward them, or addressing them in a demeaning or rude manner, your account(s) may be suspended and you may be asked to take your business elsewhere. In the event that we terminate service for abusive conduct, customers will be given two (2) days' notice to find a new Web host. We will NOT issue any refunds for pre-paid service.
Abusive conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviours:
- Repeatedly addressing members of our staff in a demeaning or rude manner;
- Using profanity in any oral or written communications with our staff, by any medium of communication, including but not limited to e-mail, instant messages, chat, text messaging, fax, postal mail, telephone, voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), or in-person communication;
- Yelling or shouting at our staff;
- Deliberately using all capital (upper-case) letters in any written communication to our staff;
- Insulting our staff because of their personal characteristics, or on the basis of their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, or housing or economic status; or
- Deliberately providing false information to our staff for the purpose of harassing them or wasting their time.
All accounts are set up on a prepay basis. Although WebProject reserves the right to change prices of accounts or services at any time, all pricing is guaranteed for the period of prepayment. Any changes to prices will be clearly communicated to customers prior to their application, with customers being given one month's notice of any changes. Notice will be served via email, to the email address held on the WebProject account. Payment is due every 30 or 365 days, from the date the account was established.
In situations where the card number on file is declined WebProject will immediately suspend the facility to purchase services on-line until the outstanding charge is processed successfully. In addition, WebProject reserves the right to suspend other services until the outstanding debt is cleared. Any non-payment of a recurring invoice may be subject to a £25 administration charge. The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer sends a written cancellation request.
You are required to have a valid credit/debit card or PayPal account and email address registered on your account at all times, failure to do so may result in suspension of your account.
No bills or invoices will be sent by regular mail. All invoices will be sent directly to customers via email shortly after the online purchase has been made. At this point the customer's card will be charged automatically.
Please refer to our Domain Name terms of service for Domain Name specific payment policies.
All payment is in UK sterling.
Credit Card Transaction
All Credit card payments on our site are processed through secure PayPal, Nochex, Stripe merchant services. Credit card information collected by PayPal is stored only at PayPal secure server. Your credit card is charged after the authorization procedure complete we may give you a call to confirm your order.
Your personal details
Please note that whilst your email is primarily used for billing purposes, WebProject reserves the right to email you information about enhancements to our systems and product offerings. You can unsubscribe from marketing communications within your WebProject control panel.
We will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission. However, we may need to provide your name and delivery address to third parties that WebProject may use for the purposes of delivering specific services to you (e.g. customer support).
In order to streamline our accounting procedures and keep costs down WebProject currently runs a limited number of payment options.
Credit / Debit Cards:
WebProject accepts MasterCard, Visa, Visa electron, Switch/Maestro and Solo.
- Payments processed by PayPal are subject to Pay Pal's terms and conditions of service, and WebProject makes no representations or warranties with respect to those services.
- Payments processed by Stripe are subject to Stripe terms and conditions of service.
We have rights to remove any promotion discount for the following reasons:
- late payments;
- abuse of promotions;
All hosting and vps server accounts are subject to a 1 month minimum contract term.
After the minimum contract period, customers may cancel any package by contacting the Customer Service team via eTicket or email: email@example.com. Customers must provide details of the account/package to close, including the account Owner Password for verification. WebProject will not, under any circumstances, close an account without first confirming the Owner Password.
Customers will be required to complete a closure confirmation support ticket, authorising the permanent removal of all website and email services on the account, from our system.
On receipt of a completed closure confirmation support ticket, the account will be scheduled to close. WebProject will acknowledge the closure by sending an email to the email address registered on the account.
If WebProject do not receive the completed closure confirmation support ticket within 14 days of sending, the cancellation request will be discarded and the account/package will remain open.
Any incentives that were offered to customers when opening their account will also be cancelled. Customers may be given the option to purchase services which were offered as start-up incentives, in the result of a cancellation.
WebProject reserves the right to cancel the service at any time.
Fees charged on a pre-pay basis (together with account set-up fees, where applicable), are non-refundable.
Customers will only be entitled to a refund when the service is within a 14 days money back period or where the service is cancelled by WebProject.
In the event that WebProject cancels the customer's service, the customer will be entitled to a pro rata refund based upon the remaining period of membership. If a customer contravenes WebProject' Terms of Service a refund may not be issued in the event of a cancellation.
Customers who cancel during the initial 14 days money back period will only be entitled to a full refund for their hosting fees, but will not be entitled to a refund for any additional services purchased. Any incentives offered to customers when opening the account will also be cancelled. Customers may be given the option to purchase services which were offered as start-up incentives in the result of a cancellation.
Please note that the amount refunded to you will be the amount you paid for hosting services only, and will not include any of the following fees:
- Setup fees,
- Fees for domain name registrations,
- Fees charged for exceeding your allotted disk storage space or bandwidth,
- SSL certificate fees,
- Web design fees,
- Web site marketing fees,
- Any add-on services, features, software, and
- Any other fees for services involving a third party.
Any customer withdrawing payments via bank or credit card or PayPal account (a "chargeback") may be subject to a punitive fee of £250, should the company deem this chargeback to be unfair. The company also reserves its right to defend such chargebacks and recover the original monies from the card issuer.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that WebProject will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss that may occur due to:
- suspension or loss of your domain registration;
- use of your domain name registration;
- interruption of your business;
- access delays or access interruptions to the registration systems of either WebProject or any applicable domain name registry;
- the non-delivery or misdelivery of data between you and WebProject, or between WebProject and any applicable domain name registry;
- events beyond the control of WebProject or applicable domain name registry;
- the processing of any modification to the record associated with your domain name;
- your failure to pay any fees hereunder.
Further, WebProject will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if WebProject has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall WebProject maximum liability exceed the total amount paid by you to WebProject for registration of your domain name during the prior 3 years.
To the extent applicable state does not allow the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, our liability is limited to the minimum extent permitted by law.
Disclaimers and Warranties
- WebProject does not back up Your data/website and whilst every attempt would be made in the unlikely event of any corruption or hardware failure, WebProject cannot guarantee to be able to replace lost data. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by WebProject and its employees.
- WebProject makes no warranties or representations that any service will be uninterrupted or error-free. You accept all services provided hereunder "as is" without warranty of any kind.
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms (whether express or implied by statute, common law, custom or otherwise) including, but not limited to, those relating to the exercise of reasonable care and skill, fitness for purpose and satisfactory quality (where applicable) are hereby excluded in relation to each of the services to be provided hereunder to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- WebProject shall not be liable for any services or products to be supplied by any third party.
- WebProject shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by You arising out of or in connection with any breach of this Agreement by You or any act, misrepresentation, error or omission made by You or on Your behalf.
- WebProject will not be liable for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue, data or goodwill howsoever arising suffered by You or for any wasted management time or failure to make anticipated savings or liability You incur to any third party arising in any way in connection with this Agreement or otherwise whether or not such loss has been discussed by the parties pre-contract or for any account for profit, costs or expenses arising from such damage or loss.
- No matter how many claims are made and whatever the basis of such claims, WebProject' maximum aggregate liability to You under or in connection with this Agreement in respect of any direct loss (or any other loss to the extent that such loss is not excluded by other provisions in this Agreement) whether such claim arises in contract or in tort shall not exceed a sum equal to twice the fees paid by You for the services in relation to which Your claim arises during the 12 month period prior to such claim.
- None of the clauses herein shall apply so as to restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of WebProject, its employees or its sub-contractors.
- WebProject shall not be liable for any interruptions to the services or outages arising directly or indirectly from:-
- I. interruptions to the flow of data to or from the internet;
- II. changes, updates or repairs to the network or software which it uses as a platform to provide the services;
- III. the effects of the failure or interruption of services provided by third parties;
- IV. factors outside of WebProject' reasonable control;
- V. Your actions or omissions (including, without limitation, breach of Your obligations set out in the Agreement) or those of any third parties;
- VI. Problems with Your equipment and/or third party equipment;
- VII. Interruptions to the services requested by You.
We take complaints very seriously. If you are unhappy about a particular aspect of our service, please contact us by emailing:
Alterations to Terms and Conditions: WebProject reserves the right to adjust the terms and conditions of service at any time.
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all WebProject terms and conditions.